Novel biomarker diagnostic system for the assessment of the prognosis of acute myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury and infarction and the effectiveness of the treatment.
18 months (up to clinical validation and prototype of diagnostic measurement system)
The project is open for co-development and/or investors. For further details contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Despite the enormous interest in the role of exosomes in cancer and other diseases, and their use as biomarkers for diagnosis and as therapeutical tools, there is no consensus on reliable protocols for their isolation. This constitutes probably the greatest barrier in realising exosomes’ full potential. Recently, more and more laboratories are starting to work with size exclusion chromatography (SEC) for exosome isolation. However, despite all its advantages, currently available SEC technology is not optimised for this purpose. We are developing a novel platform for exosome isolation based on SEC. Capitalising on very promising research results, the Vezics platform intends to offer all the advantages of SEC, while eliminating its disadvantages with regards to exosome isolation. As high quality isolation of exosomes is a prerequisite for all exosome applications, we expect our development to have a considerable positive impact across the entire spectrum; be it research, diagnostic or therapeutic use of exosomes. This is a high risk / high reward project targeting a yet undeveloped market with extremely high growth potential.
We have shown that exosomes can be obtained by SEC with qualities and quantities sufficient for analytical investigation: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26690353.
• 4 months up to Feasibility Study
• 18 months up to Minimum Viable Product
The online version of miRNAtarget will be available in Q4 2017.
MirRNAtarget is a software tool under continuous development for the analysis of the targets of differentially expressed microRNAs (miRNAs).
• to analyze the targets of miRNAs from a network theoretical perspective
• to predict the most probable targets of differentially expressed miRNAs
• MiRNAtarget relies on multiple miRNA-target interaction databases
• simple and powerful network theoretical approach to identify the most probable targets of differentially expressed miRNAs
• increased coverage of possible miRNA-target interactions compared to experimentally validated databases
• higher accuracy than available predicted miRNA-target interaction databases
• interactions predicted by miRNAtarget has been successfully validated in two animal studies (submitted for publication)
• basic researchers
• small biotech companies
• pharmaceutical industry
This study was supported by the National Research, Development and Innovation Office of Hungary (NKFIA; NVKP-16-1-2016-0017 National Heart Program).