In-house R&D projects
In-house R&D projects open for out-licensing and/or co-development partnerships:
Pharmahungary Group runs in-house R&D projects for the development of therapies in cardiovascular and metabolic diseases up to phase II clinical stage. Investors and co-development partners are welcome:
- Biglycan therapy: (www.biglycan.com): development of biglycan therapy for atherosclerosis and ischemic heart disease (IP protected, primary filing Jan 2007; J Proteome Res, 6:854-861, 2007; J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:649-652, 2010)
- MMP inhibitors: (www.mmpharma.com): development of selective inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases, small molecules (IP protected, primary filing Dec 2010; J Pharm Exp Ther, 316:154-161, 2006; Drugs 70:949-964, 2010)
- miRNA therapy: (www.protectomir.com): identification of cytoprotective miRNA-s, i.e. "protectomiRs" (IP protected, primary filing Oct, 2011)
- Statin safety: (www.safestatin.com) endogenous substance to inhibit a novel side effect of statins, i.e. reduction of endogenous cardioprotection (IP protected, primary filing date May, 2015)
The following in-house diagnostic R&D project of Pharmahungary Group is in the early clinical phase of development:
- Infarnosys: (www.infarnosys.com): Novel biomarker diagnostic system for the assessment of the prognosis of acute myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury and infarction and the effectiveness of the treatment
Major funds from public R&D Grants:
Purchase and installation of a small-animal ultrasonic imaging system.
Baross Gabor program, National Office for Research and Technology (INPHARMA project, awarded for 2010)
Development of Innovative technology platform for the preclinical screening of metabolic diseases.
Baross Gabor program, National Office for Research and Technology (METABBET project, awarded for the period of 2009-2011)
Technology transfer support of the cardiovascular R&D projects of Pharmahungary.
Baross Gabor program, National Office for Research and Technology, 2009.
Development of “dietary foods for special medical purposes” for patients suffering from diabetes, atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease.
National Technology Platform (MED-FOOD project, awarded for the period of 2008-2012)
Platform of mouse and human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocyte test systems for drug development.
Jedlik Anyos Grant (ES2HEART project, awarded for the period of 2008-2010)
Development of drug candidates based on genomics and chemoinformatics against myocardial infarction: inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases.
Jedlik Anyos Grant (NKFP_06_A1_MMP_2006 project, awarded for the period of 2007-2010). For further information www.mmpharma.com.
Modulation of peroxynitrite-induced myocardial damage by pharmacological and gene therapies, and development of clinical applications of peroxynitrite markers.
GVOP Grant (GVOP-331-2004-04-0095_30, awarded for the period of 2005-2007)